Why submit yourself to a lifetime of prescription medication when there are dozens of natural remedies to most of our ailments? While prescriptions are necessary for some, they are not the only answer for everyone.
There is growing evidence that a number of antioxidants can lower blood pressure and go a long way in protecting organs and tissues from the harmful effect of very high blood pressure.
Here are 15 all natural ways to lower your blood pressure:
- Supplement with FISH or KRILL Oils, EPA/DHA (1,200 -2000 mg a day)
- Take 300 to 600 mg of CoQ10 twice a day
- Lose weight
- Eat a banana a day (high in blood pressure-lowering potassium)
- Eat 10 servings of fruits and vegetables a day
- Greens Drink 1-2x daily (available in the Ortho Integrative Store)
- Avoid sugars, especially high-fructose corn syrup
- Take 500 mg of magnesium citrate/malate twice a day
- Avoid smoking and tobacco or at least begin to reduce 1% a day for 40 days.
- Avoid pesticides and heavy metals (lead and cadmium raise BP so check your labels and ingredients)
- Take 2 grams of buffered vitamin C between meals and at bedtime
- Get eight hours of restful sleep
- Take mixed tocopherols and tocotrienols
- Take curcumin, quercetin, and ellagic acid (pomegranate extract)
- Avoid prolonged, intense stress